The Directorate of Planning and Development was established in August 2008 to replace the Planning Unit which had existed since 1995, in order to strengthen strategic planning in the University. The directorate operates under the office of the Vice Chancellor.
To spearhead institutional transformation in line with the University Charter and Rule 2007, through initiating processes of policy development, analysis and reviews as well as developing strategic plan at institutions, faculty and institute level.
In performing its duties the Directorate collaboratively works with the Department of Estates, and the followings are some of the functions or duties of the Directorate
- To coordinate development of physical infrastructure in the University
- To co-ordinate OUT strategic planning process including periodic reviews and evaluation
- To coordinate monitoring and evaluation of implementation of the Rolling Strategic Plan
- To promote the culture of strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation culture in the University.
- To coordinate the institutional Transformation Programme of the University
- To coordinate the preparation of the University annual work plan and budget
- To prepare OUT contribution to the draft budget speech of the Minister responsible for higher education
- To coordinate preparation of OUT policies and operational procedures
- Coordination, monitoring and evaluation of the University’s programmes and projects
- To prepare/design programmes/projects and mobilize resources for their implementation
The overall Directorate’s structure as envisioned and approved by the OUT Council in December, 2011 is as shown below. The departments are yet to be operationalized pending recruitment of heads of departments.
- Head of Department of Planning, Policy and Budgeting
- Head of Department of Programmes and Project Management
Dr. Paul D Ikwaba - PhD (Ulster, UK)
Director of Planning and Development
Phone 0762 891005
Mr. Stanslaus M. Bernard – Msc. (Econ) SUA
Senior Planning Officer
Phone: :0658 278 082/0787 278 082
Ms. Saida Makame Mdime- Cert. in Secretarial Studies (TPSC)
Secretary to the Director
Collaborating Unit Department of Estate Management
Eng.Said Juma–Estate Manager –Bsc (Civil Eng.) DAR & Msc(Construction Econ& Management) AU
Ms.Fortunate Kiocha – Civil Technician (FTC)
Mr Nyiboto Seruka - Civil Technician (FTC)
Mr. Anicet Mringi – Electrical Technician (FTC)
Mr. Paul Hugo - Electrical Technician (FTC)
Directorate of Planning and Development
P. O. Box 23409 DAR ES SALAAM,
Physical Address - Off Kawawa Road, near Biafra Ground, Kinondoni, DSM